The central government has said that the prevailing curfew will be extended to May 17 with some relaxation as corona prevalence increases in India. Central government also stated that the relaxation would be in accordance with the circumstances of the states. Subsequently, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Mr. E. Palanisamy consulted with the ministers on relaxations. In conclusion after the consultation with minister, the following restrictions and relaxations will go into effect from today
- In the Chennai city corporation, workers are allowed to stay and do construction work.
- In the state, it has been announced that the curfew will be fully implemented in of Tamil Nadu.
- Essential stores in Chennai can operate from 6 am to 5 pm
- Restaurants in Chennai can only offer parcels from 6am to 9pm.
- Salons and beauty parlours are not allowed to operate.
- District Collectors may inspect export companies in urban areas and allow them to operate with 50% employees.
- Hardware, cement, building materials, cell phone shops can operate from 11am to 5pm
- There is no relaxation in the Containment Zone
- The curfew will continue without any relaxation in the affected areas
- With the exception of Chennai, 50% of the workforce (at least 20 persons) in other parts of Tamil Nadu, all factories are allowed to operate in areas outside municipalities and corporations.
- Textile companies are not allowed to operate in urban areas
Keep watching the live news to track the corona news on a regular basis from Tamil Nadu and globally.